[asterisk-users] zaptel/ssh interaction

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun Apr 15 04:23:12 MST 2007

Two longshots:

On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 05:02:23PM -0600, Greg Woods wrote:
> I hope I don't get flamed the first time I post to a new list. I have
> spent a couple of hours poking around without seeing anything like this.
>
> The problem is, as soon as I load the Zaptel drivers (with a TDM-31B
> card), ssh into or out of the server is broken. Trying to ssh in, I get:
>
> RSA_public_decrypt failed: error:0407006A:rsa
> routines:RSA_padding_check_PKCS1_type_1:block type is not 01
> key_verify failed for server_host_key
>
> If I try to ssh out, I get:
>
> hash mismatch
> key_verify failed for server_host_key
>
> This makes administering the server remotely impossible, so it's a
> fairly large problem for me right now. Anybody ever seen anything like
> this? It is easy to reproduce: "modprobe zaptel" and it's broken.

Just zaptel? On its own?

Do you see any special messages on dmesg?

And if you modprobe zaptel with debug=1 ?

Zaptel on its own should not cause problems if there are no spans. Are
you sure no module is loaded?

  lsmod | grep zaptel

If you run sshd on a different port in debug mode, what do you see?

  sshd -d -p 2222

And possibly -dd or -ddd .

--
               Tzafrir Cohen