[asterisk-users] Zap failure: cause 66 - Channel not implemented

Jose Limeres jlimeres at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 05:22:13 MST 2007

Hi,

Actually this was the problem:
debian etch, asterisk 1.4.2, zaptel 1.4.1, ... cannot find the
chan_zap.so module file anywhere, tried recompiling with zaptel
1.4.0... no change...

Here is a solution from:
http://www.asteriskguru.com/archives/image-vp266527.html
Compile asterisk 1.4.1 (./configure and make, no make install) and
copy the chan_zap.so module into /usr/lib/asterisk/modules, restart
asterisk (the 'old' 1.4.2)

Regards,
jose