[asterisk-users] SIP REGISTRATION TIME OUT

Nicholas Campion campnic at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 15:39:06 MST 2007

The quick way to check if a user is defined is to go to the asterisk console
and type "sip show users" which will list all the defined users and
passwords.

You say that it isn't a networking issue, but the fact that you are behind a
NAT (your local ip is 192.168.0.100) is causing the problem (i think).  All
of your packets are reaching the server, but when it tries to respond it is
sending the packets to 192.168.0.100 which is (obviously) not what you want
to happen.  The solution to this (typically) is to add "NAT=yes" to
sip.confin the general section.

Give that a try and see what your result is.

Nick