[asterisk-users] Fax Blast over IP?

Jonathan Creasy jcreasy at netlogic.net
Fri Apr 13 10:46:58 MST 2007

I have some customers that come in via SIP on a T1 and then we drop
their calls off on a PRI. They can fax with about a 98% success rate
using an ATA->SIP over a T1->Ethernet-> Asterisk -> PRI->PSTN. As long
as the fax machine can negotiate 9600 baud it will work. We have a
customer doing this and there is one place they can not fax and it's
because the fax machine at the other end will not negotiate a speed
lower than 14400 baud.

-Jonathan