[asterisk-users] voicemail - "digits/1F does not exist in any format"

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Fri Apr 13 09:56:48 MST 2007

On Fri, 2007-04-13 at 09:36 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:
> I've got a voicemailbox with one message store.  When I try to read it,
> I get the followiing error:
>
> ast_openstream_full: File digits/1F does not exist in any format
>
> Obviously, I can just clear out that mailbox, but is this a bug that I
> should be reporting?

	I am assuming you are using a language other that English?  If so, do
you have the language files installed in the correct place?  For
asterisk 1.2 you need a structure like this:

/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/lang (where lang is the two letter code for
your language)
/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/digits/lang
/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/letters/lang
/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/phonetic/lang

	This layout also works by default in Asterisk 1.4 but is not installed
like that (which I think is really dumb on their part).  When you
install the language packs from digium they install like this:

/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/digits/lang
/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/digits/lang/digits
/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/digits/lang/letters
/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/digits/lang/phonetic

-- FROM UPGRADE.TXT --
WARNING: Asterisk 1.4 supports a new layout for sound files in multiple
languages; instead of the alternate-language files being stored in sub
directories underneath the existing files (for French, that would be
digits/fr, letters/fr, phonetic/fr, etc.) the new layout creates one
directory under /var/lib/asterisk/sounds for the language itself, then
places all the sound files for that language under that directory and
its sub directories. This is the layout that will be created if you
select non-English languages to be installed via menuselect, HOWEVER
Asterisk does not default to this layout and will not find the files in
the places it expects them to be. If you wish to use this layout, make
sure you put 'languageprefix=yes' in your /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf
file, so that Asterisk will know how the files were installed.

--
Telecomunicaciones Abiertas de Mexico S.A. de C.V.
Carlos Chávez Prats