[asterisk-users] PAP2T-NA Jitter Buffer

Andres andres at telesip.net
Fri Apr 13 09:15:22 MST 2007

Matt wrote:

> Hi Folks,
> I know the PAP2T-NA has a jitterbuffer.... however, it seems to be
> adaptive, which is fine for most situations... however, is there some
> way I can either:
>
> A) Specify how long it waits before it starts to shrink?

I'm not sure about the PAP2 but the Linksys version has a parameter
called Jitter Buffer Adjustment:.  This controls wether the jitter
buffer shrinks or not.  For example if set to:
up only=> the jitter buffer can only grow and never shrinks.
up and down=>  the jitter buffer is adaptive and can grow or shrink

> B) Specifiy a fixed sized jitterbuffer?

The closest is to set the parameter Network Jitter Level to what you
want and set the Adjustment to 'up only'

Andres

Andres
Technical Support
http://www.telesip.net