[asterisk-users] Call Recording Servers

Savoy, Kevin - Williston, ND ksavoy at novo1.com
Fri Apr 13 09:01:00 MST 2007

We are looking at using Asterisk as a call recording server for an Avaya
VoIP S8700 system in a multi-site VoIP Call Center. All calls will be
coming in to one location and sent out via VoIP to other call centers.

What kind of specs should we be looking at purchasing for our Asterisk
server to be record up 200-300 calls simultaneously?

Linux runs in 64 bit architecture, but does Asterisk actually take
advantage of the 64 bit?

Has anyone tried doing this already? What would be the best way to get
the calls from the Avaya PBX over to the Asterisk recording server? Any
thoughts?

Thank you for your time.

Kevin Savoy

Business Unit Telecom Analyst