[asterisk-users] Which SIP phones to buy?

J. Oquendo sil at infiltrated.net
Fri Apr 13 07:52:42 MST 2007

Luca Corti wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-04-12 at 14:47 -0400, J. Oquendo wrote:
>> 1) Snom
>> 2) none! (they're all pretty much the same to me)
>> 3) none! (they all have their pros and cons)
>> 4) Cisco
>> 5) ASStra
>> 6) Polycrud
>
> You haven't even mentioned Linksys SPAs. Have you tested them?
>
> ciao
>
> Luca

We have them in our demo room. No one wants them claiming the too
look cheap. I've programmed like 2 in the last who knows how long
and have no desire to add more stuff to my desk. I've read others'
compliments on their use, but Linksys as a whole... Let's say I
have an opinion on them. So no mentions of them due to the fact
they're not popular with my clients. As for a breakdown... Right
now my clients at least 90% of them are SoHo businesses with
anywhere between 10 and 400 users. I would estimate most PBX's
I build at about 75 clients. They never even pick up Linksys
phones when visiting us. I also have Welltech phones I did not
mention for the same reason. I don't believe there is a phone
on the market right now that hasn't made it to my desk to be
quite honest.

If we went by majority rules... This is what I've been putting
out based on quantity:

Snom
Polycom
Aastra
Cisco
Welltech

With Aastra making a huge gain this year. Last year, people didn't
bother with them. This year when the 480iCT came out, we've had
more orders for them. Snom's have always been ordered over Poly's
with customers even preferring lowly 190's over Poly's.

J. Oquendo
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1383A743
sil . infiltrated @ net http://www.infiltrated.net

The happiness of society is the end of government.
John Adams