[asterisk-users] Polycom 501 sluggish keys: found the problem!

Kai-Uwe Jensen kujensen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 07:01:05 MST 2007

On 4/13/07, Mike <list at virtutel.ca> wrote:
> reg.1.server.1.expires="30"

My understanding is that the above causes the phone to re-register
with its server (asterisk) every 30 seconds. I would expect a
registration to be a "heavy" operation, so that does explain the high
CPU load, possibly leading to the sluggishness.

My 501 has its server expiration set to 1 hour ("3600"), never seen
the sluggishness here with SIP load 2.0.3

--
"I am Dyslexic of Borg. Fusistance is retile. Your ass will be laminated!"