[asterisk-users] A question about an install i have been asked about...

Barry D. Hassler barry.hassler at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 05:00:55 MST 2007

The short answer is sure, one * box can handle multiple companies, each with
their individual "personalities"  This will take some dial-plan coding,
which may be difficult in the trixbox environment. There are "GUIs" which
proclaim to specifically support this type of environment -- Thirdlane being
an instance I've heard of (but have not used).  I have installations with
this specific environment, but using all custom dialplan coding.

On 4/13/07, Gavin Spurgeon <gsp at leighctc.kent.sch.uk> wrote:

> Hi List...
>
> Lets say I have been asked to do an Asterisk/Trixbox install
> for an environment where 2 companies 'live' in the same...
> building...
>
> Both companies have 2 incoming Analogue BT Lines
> and then have good old BT Phones plugged into them..
>
> I have been asked to setup a VoIP system for one of the
> companies and the other company has showed an interest,
> There is one central Server Room/Cabinet will all of the
> shared services (www,file server, etc, etc...) and I thought
> of going down the lies of installing one more Dedicated *
> Box into this cabinet with would service both companies...
>
> My 1st questions are as follows....
>
> 1.) can one * box host both separate phone setups and
> handle them as separate setups.. (I.e. user in company A
> can not dial and internal line to user in company B)
>
> 2.) can I use a Single 4 FXO port card and reserve 2 ports
> for one company and the other 2 ports for the other company?
>
> This would also need to work for outgoing calls, all calls
> made by company 1 MUST go over the 2 lines that belong
> to company 1 and of course the same for company 2...
>
> 3.) How easy is this setup ? or should I just make up 2
> different * Boxes, 1 for each company ?
>
> I hope someone could shed some light on this for me
> and give me some idea's..
>
> Maybe even point me in the direction of some HOWTOs
> on making a 'Hosted * Server' type setup.
>
> Best Regards
>

> Gavin Spurgeon
> Assistant Systems Administrator
> Leigh City Technology College