[asterisk-users] zaptel/ssh interaction

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Thu Apr 12 16:02:23 MST 2007

I hope I don't get flamed the first time I post to a new list. I have
spent a couple of hours poking around without seeing anything like this.

The problem is, as soon as I load the Zaptel drivers (with a TDM-31B
card), ssh into or out of the server is broken. Trying to ssh in, I get:

RSA_public_decrypt failed: error:0407006A:rsa
routines:RSA_padding_check_PKCS1_type_1:block type is not 01
key_verify failed for server_host_key

If I try to ssh out, I get:

hash mismatch
key_verify failed for server_host_key

This makes administering the server remotely impossible, so it's a
fairly large problem for me right now. Anybody ever seen anything like
this? It is easy to reproduce: "modprobe zaptel" and it's broken.
"modprobe -r zaptel" and it works fine.

Also, and probably somehow related, when the zaptel drivers are loaded,
the sound through the sound card is screwed up. I can still hear it, but
there are extraneous beeps, crackles and pops in it.

Aside from this, I love my new asterisk system, and my wife has almost
gotten used to having to dial 9 to get out of the house :-)

--Greg