[asterisk-users] Which SIP phones to buy?

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Apr 12 10:25:29 MST 2007

The Cisco phones are quite good.  The thing that most people don't tend to
appreciate about them is that they all are designed essentially for
mass-provisioning in large environments, and to operate with Call Manager.
Provisioning them using their GUI/configuration interface on a one-off
basis is a pain in the butt, this is absolutely true.  They were never
really intended to be used in that manner.  If you can take the time to
do the TFTP thing, though, they really are very wonderful, featureful,
reliable, comfortable, and, I would go so far as to say, turn-key.

Just my $.02.  No interest in religious debate.

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov <sasha at presidium.org>