[asterisk-users] Best External PRI Gateway?

Robert Lister robl at linx.net
Thu Apr 12 09:57:25 MST 2007

On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 11:59:00AM -0400, jameson asterisk wrote:
> I'm currently looking to interconnect my Asterisk PBX system with the PSTN
> via a digital PRI/T1.
> I know a multitude of options exist for internal PCI cards
> (Digium/Sangoma/Rhino), I was wondering if anyone has any experience or
> recommendations of external PRI media gateways that support SIP.
>
> So far I've found:
> VegaStream Vega 400
> Audiocodes Mediant 2000
> MediaTrix 1531

Also have a look at Patton SmartNode 4960 range.

They are available in various configurations/numbers of channels, some of
which are upgradable to more channels at a later date:

http://www.patton.com/products/pe_printable.asp?category=354

We have the ISDN2 and Analogue versions of these gateways (same software)
and so far they have been very reliable, and can be configured in a variety
of fail-over situations in case asterisk or the connection to the server
dies, incoming calls can be automatically routed either back out on another
ISDN channel or out to another SIP/analogue gateway etc.

Rob

--
Robert Lister   -   London Internet Exchange    -  http://www.linx.net/
robl at linx.net   -   tel: +44 (0)20 7645 3510    -  RL786-RIPE