[asterisk-users] CDR(disposition)

Nicholas Campion campnic at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 06:11:07 MST 2007

I think this has to do with how your dial plan is setup.  If you are making
a call to a cell phone, i'm assuming that you are using an FXO (or some sort
of phone service).  My guess is that the disposition is being marked
"ANSWERED" because the FXO is picking up (or the phone service is) and
answering the call from Asterisk.  The Dial() function is communicating with
the FXO to determine whether or not the call is actually working.
Unfortunately, my guess is that the CDR is only applicable to the connection
between Asterisk and your termination point (FXO or otherwise).  I say this
because I know that, in the instance of QOS statistics, the CDR would not be
able to know whats happening beyond the FXO.