[asterisk-users] IMAP Voicemail with MS Exchange

Stephen Bosch posting at vodacomm.ca
Wed Apr 11 11:37:01 MST 2007

Anthony Rodgers wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> We're trying to get IMAP voicemail storage working on an MS Exchange
> server - I would be grateful if anyone who has successfully done this
> could post the magic soup here, as extensive Google searching has
> yielded nothing other than tantalizing references to it being done
> without any specifics.

I haven't used IMAP voicemail yet, so you'll have to bear with me here.

Have you tried configuring Asterisk to save voicemail messages on the
Exchange server using IMAP? What was the result?

IMAP support in Exchange, as in Outlook, is rough and rather ugly. For
obvious reasons it's never been in MS interest to support it properly,
as they want people to use their native Exchange server protocol.

There's probably a good reason why you want to do it the way you want
to, but I'll ask the question anyway -- what about delivering the
message over SMTP?

-Stephen-