[asterisk-users] Purposely setting red alarm on PRI for testing purposes

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Apr 11 07:17:24 MST 2007

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007, Eric Bishop said something to this effect:

> Does anyone know if is possible to purposely set red alarm status on PRI
> circuit for testing purposes (other than unplugging it). I have looked for a
> console command which might allow this....

   That depends on the equipment into which it is terminated.  :-)

   If the T1 dumps into an offboard CSU/DSU, you can loop back the network
side toward the telco which will cause an alarm to be perceived on the DTE
side.  Most T1 cards and T1 interfaces with integrated CSU/DSUs will allow
you to do something similar for testing, which will have the effect of
putting the interface into the same state it would be in if you unplugged
it.

   Are you bringing this PRI into a Digium PRI card?

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov <sasha at presidium.org>