[asterisk-users] Asterisk Pickup with more than one argument

Ricardo Carvalho rjcarvalho at reit.up.pt
Wed Apr 11 03:58:48 MST 2007

Dear all,

I tried to use the following sintax to implement call pickup in Asterisk
1.2.17 with no success:

exten => _**5219/5215,1,Pickup(5219)
exten => _**5219/5215,2,Pickup(220408108)
exten => _**5219/5215,3,Hangup

Asterisk seems to just do the first priority command (Pickup(5219)) and
if the ringing call comes from the channel 220408108, it doesn't jump to
the second priority command.

I've also tried to do it in only one line, like this:
Pickup(5219&220408108) but it doesn't work!

After reading in voip-info, only in Asterisk 1.3 development, this issue
has been considered to be implemented... I wonder if Asterisk 1.4
implements this since no version 1.3 has been released!

Other option seems to be the use of Pickup2, but is it a stable option
to implement in a production system?

Thanks in advance,
Ricardo.