[asterisk-users] Learn some terminalogy before mounting this task.

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Apr 10 19:48:03 MST 2007

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007, Alex Balashov said something to this effect:

> Personally, the easiest approach I would say would be to order a PRI.

   The reason I say that, by the way, is because most T1-based digital voice
trunking is done using PRIs these days.  That doesn't mean you couldn't get a
good old-fashioned E&M trunk -- which is what would typically be used on a
classic "channelised T1" (which uses "channel-associated signaling" (CAS)
rather than out-of-band PRI signaling on the non-bearing "D channel"),
sometimes at a considerable discount from the telco.

   The Zaptel-compatible T1 cards support that as well.  But PRI is a lot easier
to manage for a variety of reasons IMHO, and is generally preferred.

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov <sasha at presidium.org>