[asterisk-users] Asterisk installation issue - CLI showing 0 active channels

dave cantera david.cantera at iacnet.net
Tue Apr 10 15:28:40 MST 2007

vijay,
I had a similar problem with a pots line and 1.4.1...  zap wasn't

pbx15*CLI> zap show channels
   Chan Extension  Context         Language   MOH Interpret
 pseudo            default                    default
     25            default                    default
     26            default                    default
     27            default                    default
     28            default                    default
pbx15*CLI>

it this is ok, then check the kernel zap driver with

[root at pbx15 asterisk]# lsmod | grep zap
zaptel                190244  27
zttranscode,wcusb,wctdm,wcfxo,wctdm24xxp,wcte11xp,wct1xxp,wct4xxp,tor2
crc_ccitt               1920  2 zaptel,hisax
[root at pbx15 asterisk]#

to see if the zap driver is loaded. then check /etc/zaptel.conf

# # We are all done with our channel parameters, so now we specify what
# # channels they apply to
# channels=1-4

fxoks=25,26
fxsks=27,28

tail the file and you should see some fxo/fxs config entries...  if you
install * w/o the board installed, in some cases, I have seen * forget
to load the zaptel drivers, or perhaps that was trixbox or asteriskNow,
I forget...
daveC

Vijay Gaur wrote:
> Yes when I plug my phone to vonage adapter it rings fine.
> I will run and send you the output soon.
> Thanks
>
> Vijay
> On 4/9/07, *Stephen Bosch* <posting at vodacomm.ca
> <mailto:posting at vodacomm.ca>> wrote:
>
>     Vijay Gaur wrote:
>     > I hear ring few times and then it goes to voice mail. Looks like
>     call is
>     > not going to asterisk. My regular phone attached to that line
>     works fine.
>
>     When you plug the phone into the port on the Vonage ATA that you're
>     using to connect to Asterisk, the phone rings when you call the
>     number?
>
>     Here's my next question: What does cat /proc/interrupts show on the
>     Asterisk server? Run that and post the output.
>
>     -Stephen-

Building Strong Relationships w/ Intelligent Customer Service
--

Interlocking Business Solutions, LLC
856-380-0894 x5000