[asterisk-users] ISDN BRITE support?

Jeff Gustafson ncjeffgus at zimage.com
Tue Apr 10 11:27:49 MST 2007

Hi all,
	I found some message in the Digium list archives that discussed ISDN
BRITE support.  There was also some discussion on 4:1 bitrate
conversion.  I did some searching on the source code and didn't see any
reference to BRITE or bitrate conversion.
	Does the current code properly pass a D-channel from a BRI port to a
DS0 channel on a channelized T1?  BRITE seems pretty straight forward,
but I didn't see any examples on how to do this.  Are there any plans
for supporting the more complicated bitrate conversion that muxes the
D-channels from BRI ports to a single DS0 channel?
	The context for these questions is the same as what was previously
discussed.  I would like to use Asterisk to route H.320 video
conferencing equipment into a T1 and provide a platform for eventually
moving off our old PBX.

				...Jeff