[asterisk-users] Received mini frame before first full voice frame

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Mon Apr 9 10:00:15 MST 2007

On 9 Apr 2007, at 17:10, voiplist wrote:

> Can someone give me a little detail as to what this error message
> means and why it may be occuring?
>
> I keep seeing tons of these roll by on the CLI on one of our systems.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Apr  9 11:05:40 WARNING[19263]: chan_iax2.c:7538 socket_read:
> Received mini fra
> me before first full voice frame

It means that the audio (mini-frames) for a call has started arriving
before the
call was fully set up (by a Voice frame). Your asterisk isn't sure
what format the
media is in, so is dumping it for now.

What causes this usually is a lost Voice frame - the far end will
retry after a while
and if that arrives all will be well from then on.

Tim Panton

www.mexuar.net
www.westhawk.co.uk/