[asterisk-users] Audio Gain Settings

Bob Smither smither at c-c-i.com
Sun Apr 8 15:59:50 MST 2007

On Sat, 2007-04-07 at 23:52 -0500, Eric "ManxPower" Wieling wrote:

<snip>

> The device doing the IP/TDM conversion should be the device that sets
> the gains correctly.  The same applies to echo canceling.

As I stated, this started with the warning of Novice Question :-).

Eric, can you elaborate on the above?  Is the device you are referring
to within Asterisk or somewhere else in VOIP land?  I am not sure what
to do with this information.

If it matters - the clipping behavior I see is in voices recorded on
Asterisk 1.4.2 from a call placed over Packet8 and routed back to my
Asterisk box through NuFone.net.  Same happens from a POTS call routed
back to my Asterisk box through NuFone.net.

Thanks,
--
Bob Smither <smither at c-c-i.com>