[asterisk-users] Is there a variable for SIP response codes?

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Sun Apr 8 08:35:30 MST 2007

Eric Bishop wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to implement certain actions based on SIP response codes. Is there a
> similar variable such as ${DIALSTATUS} that comes back with the relevant
> SIP
> response code for a call?

I believe there is SIPGetHeader, but Asterisk tries to translate
whatever code it gets from the specific technology (PRI, SIP, IAS2,
MGCP, SCCP, H323, etc) into an Asterisk HANGUPCAUSE which is mostly
Q.931 codes.  HANGUPCAUSE will not tell you the SIP response code, but
it will tell you much more than DIALSTATUS will.