[asterisk-users] Prompt for a PIN number to make long distance call?

Yossi Ben Hagai yossibh at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 22:41:51 MST 2007

You can set up a simple mysql table with PIN-users this makes it more
extensible and you can create a simple web interface to change to pins/add
users.
after you have set up the table just use a simple IVR construct to prompt
for the PIN, fetch it from the table and authenticate it - something like
this (wrote it on my notepad so check the syntax):
exten => _XXXX,1,Noop
exten => _XXXX,2,MYSQL(Connect connid localhost changeme changeme changeme)
exten => _XXXX,3,MYSQL(Query resultid ${connid} SELECT\ pin\ from\
user_pin_table\ where\ pin=${EXTEN})
exten => _XXXX,4,MYSQL(Fetch fetchid ${resultid} pin)
exten => _XXXX,5,Authenticate(${pin})

if the auth is okay, you can fetch the username for that PIN using
Set(CDR(accountcode)=fetched_user)

Joss.