[asterisk-users] Verizon-Vonage Lawsuit

Christopher Chan chrisfz at netvigator.com
Sat Apr 7 17:51:05 MST 2007

> If I were Vonage I'd have a delegation in HongKong now, moving all my
> Telco interconnects
> to somewhere where the US patent system is treated with the contempt it
> is starting to earn.

ROTFL. The US patent system is treated with contempt in Hong Kong? You
have no idea how EXTREME legislation in Hong Kong against IP 'theft' is
in Hong Kong.

In any case, even if you can do things with penalty in Hong Kong against
  the stupid patents that are regularly being accepted by the USPTO, why
would Hong Kong be a good choice? Bandwidth costs more than they do in
the US and I doubt Vonage had their own trans pacific fibre to stick
their telco connects here without having to pay reach or whoever loads
of cash for their HK-US links.