[asterisk-users] Prompt for a PIN number to make long distance call?

J French hikenboots at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 14:13:34 MST 2007

I need to authenticate users to make long distance calls.  Basically,when
the user dials a long distance dialplan pattern, I want to prompt for his
pin and look it up against a table of pins:usernames in a file.  If it
exists, I'll use the username in the cdr accountcode and permit the call.
Authenticate() looked very promising nut I couldn't get the ma options to
work.  Any help is appreciated.  Honestly, I'm not even sure how to read an
external file and parse it from asterisk.