[asterisk-users] Balancing the Hybrid

Stephen Bosch posting at vodacomm.ca
Sat Apr 7 13:09:48 MST 2007

Michael Boers wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion.  I am using a tdm400p with 4 fxo channels.  I
> am in the US, so opermode should not be ok at default settings.  I just
> recently got fxotune working on my system.  The version that comes with
> zaptel 1.2.16 would simply hang.  I am using the 1.4 fxotune now with
> the 1.2.16 driver.  That has reduced the echo coefficient from 35% to
> 8%.  We will see how that does.

It should be lower still -- under 5%.

Do you have other analog extensions hanging off the line between the
demarcation and the Asterisk server?

Do you have loose wires hanging off the line between the demarcation and
the Asterisk server?

How clean are the terminations?

You can go a long way by cleaning up a substandard wiring job.

-Stephen-