[asterisk-users] Voicemail from GTalk says "from an unknown caller"

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Sat Apr 7 02:51:17 MST 2007

Am Freitag, den 06.04.2007, 18:23 -0700 schrieb Am Turnip:
> When I listen to voicemail from my Google Talk buddy, the envelope says,
> "from an unknown caller".  But the voicemail correctly records the caller
> ID of calls that arrive via Zapata into the same context that receives
> Google Talk calls.  How can I configure the voicemail to include the
> caller's Google Talk identity in the envelope?

Just an idea... have you checked CALLERID(num) versus CALLERID(name)?
Try a NOOP statement to see what those contain right before jumping into
voicemail; if only one contains the proper info, that might cause the
"unknown caller".

exten=>123,n,NOOP(NAME: ${CALLERID(name)} NUM: ${CALLERID(num)})
or the like.

BR
Anselm