[asterisk-users] Verizon-Vonage Lawsuit

J. Oquendo sil at infiltrated.net
Fri Apr 6 16:48:55 MST 2007

On Fri, 06 Apr 2007, Paul wrote:

> It begins to look like government-backed racketeering and gangsterism.
> What is happening to "free enterprise" these days?
>
> Dean Collins wrote:

Stepping back into reality for a moment, emotions aside, I side with
the law if Vonage infringed on VZ's patent. Don't misconstrue what
I typed, re-read it clearly. If you created something, patented it,
and someone else used it without permission or compensation, if you
can honestly tell this list you would sit back while said person or
company made millions and do nothing, you would be lying to youself.

Other companies in the industry used VZ's patents under licensing
without incident so why couldn't Vonage. This isn't David versus
Goliath here in fact Vonage tried to get things in order with
Verizon AFTER the fact. So kudos to the judge in this case.

Personally I don't like Verizon, and I'm glad I deal with them
on a minimal level nowdays. However, the law is the law.

--
J. Oquendo

"How a man plays the game shows something of his
character - how he loses shows all" - Mr. Luckey