[asterisk-users] pap2 - dtmf works when 'sip debug' is enabled

Stewart Nelson sn at scgroup.com
Fri Apr 6 14:48:25 MST 2007

> I am having an odd problem with a linksys pap2 ata and asterisk...
> Asterisk won't detect digits from it until I issue a 'sip debug'. As
> soon as I turn on sip debugging, everything works perfectly (classic
> heisenbug)!

Instead of SIP debug, try capturing the traffic with tcpdump etc. on
the Asterisk server.  If even that is too invasive, connect the PAP2
and a PC to the network via the same dumb hub (or managed switch);
run wireshark on the PC to capture.

If you catch the PAP2 misbehaving, make sure you have the latest
firmware for it.  If no luck, try setting DTMF Tx to AVT.  If still
no luck (and your network speed and jitter permits), perhaps alaw
codec with inband tones will work.

--Stewart