[asterisk-users] FAX thru TDM400p

Bryan M. Johns bryan at sheltonjohns.com
Fri Apr 6 05:49:28 MST 2007

Is your carrier delivering service via a TDM circuit?

It has been our experience that you will get far more reliable fax
performance via the method you describe (analog device terminated to
a port on a FXS line card) than attempting to use an ATA on the LAN.
However, if your carrier is a SIP or IAX trunking provider, your
reliability concerns are on the other side of your SIP switch.

Bryan Johns
Partner

Shelton | Johns
1805 Old Alabama Road