[asterisk-users] No response on extensions: TDM842

Charl Papenfus charl at ipsec.co.za
Thu Apr 5 08:33:57 MST 2007

Hi all

I recently bought a TDM842, basically a TDM800P card with 4 FXS, 2 FXO's.
Installed the same driver as for the TDM24xx cards, as the manual says.

Running Asterisk at home 2.8, did yum update, now on kernel 2.6.9-42.0.10.ELsmp

Card config: Channel 1-4: FXS, Channel 5,6 FXO
>From dmesg:
After resetting the modules...
Port 1: Installed -- AUTO FXS/DPO
Port 2: Installed -- AUTO FXS/DPO
Port 3: Installed -- AUTO FXS/DPO
Port 4: Installed -- AUTO FXS/DPO
Port 5: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
Port 6: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
Port 7: Not installed
Port 8: Not installed

I have 3 normal analogue phones on channels 1,2,3 (plugs marked with 1,2,3
on the card)

Created extentions via FreePBX for ZAP\1, ZAP\2, ZAP\3, dialing 1000, 2000,
3000 to reach respective extensions.

Created trunk g0 and outgoing route to accees it if dialing 0, all via
FreePBX

Problem is, I can't dial between any of my extensions. I get a slight noise
on the line, indicating to me that the channels are active on the card, but
no matter what I do, I can't get any response. I can't dial to an outside
number either. Basically, nothing works!

Please assist, bearing in mind that this is my first time setting up
Asterisk, so don't assume anything!

Where can I start looking?

Thanx in advance.
Charl Papenfus