[asterisk-users] SNOM and Got SUBSCRIBE for extensions without hint. Please add hint to *8 in context inbound_sip

Giorgio Incantalupo gincantalupo at fgasoftware.com
Thu Apr 5 01:52:20 MST 2007

Hi,
I have an Asterisk 1.2.9.1 box and a bunch of snom phones.
I sometimes get this error:
*ERROR[31201] chan_sip.c: Got SUBSCRIBE for extensions without hint.
Please add hint to *8 in context inbound_sip*
It seems that my SIP phone is sending subscribe command for numbers not
inserted inside the snom function keys (and *8 surely is not). I
searched on internet and Snom documentation but found nothing to avoid
the Snom to send this commands.
Is there anybody who knows how to?

TIA

Giorgio