[asterisk-users] SIP - choppy sound on local LAN to T1

Joe Acquisto joea at j4computers.com
Wed Apr 4 04:38:37 MST 2007

New install,  Asterisk, obviously, Baystack 450 swtiches, verizon T1, Digium 4 port T1 card

Some (few) users have had complaints from their clients that sound quality is poor.  I do not know if the calls were placed via asterisk, or received via asterisk.  If it matters.

I believe this is a "QoS" issue, for the swtiches/infrastructure, wondering what can be done, if any one is familiar with these switches.   If they are dog for Voip,  recommendations?

joe a.