[asterisk-users] Require only GSM Codec

Salvatore Giudice Salvatore.Giudice at VoIPSecurityTraining.com
Tue Apr 3 20:21:09 MST 2007

Not every client supports gsm. Usually it's a good idea to put ulaw as well
or you could get errors when neither side supports the same codec.

 disallow=all
 allow=gsm
 allow=ulaw

Salvatore Giudice
Salvatore.Giudice at VoIPSecurityTraining.com

VoIP Security Training, LLC
http://VoIPSecurityTraining.com

848 N. Rainbow Blvd. #1676
Las Vegas, NV 89107
Phone: (702) 979-2906
Fax: (212) 279-2906

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Ronaldo
Zacarias Afonso
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 12:23 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Require only GSM Codec

Hi Sanjay,

I'm not sure about that, but I think you can configure it in, for
example, /etc/asterisk/sip.conf.
There is an option that you configure for each channel like:

only=gsm

It instructs the sip protocol, that "only" gsm codec must be used.

I hope it has helped you.

Regards,

Ronaldo.

On 4/3/07, Sanjay Rajdev <sanjay.rajdev at featherstoneinformatics.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I would like to only use the gsm codec for all the calls, is it possible I
want to use minimum possible bandwidth as we have most of calls over
Internet.