[asterisk-users] Play "blank" sound while VM recording?

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Tue Apr 3 13:48:08 MST 2007

Charles Ulrich wrote:

> I have an Asterisk system deployed at a customer's site. It is connected
> to the outside world by a local SIP provider. When someone calls in
> through the trunk to leave a voicemail, Asterisk is not sending any RTP
> packets back through the trunk after the beep is played. This is fine
> and probably should be the expected behavior, except that after 30
> seconds to a minute of not seeing any RTP traffic coming from the PBX,
> the trunk appears to make the faulty assumption that the PBX is gone
> and hangs up the call.

Maybe this is what you need?:

;rtpkeepalive=<secs>		; Send keepalives in the RTP stream to keep NAT open
				; (default is off - zero)
(in sip.conf, [general] section)

Regards,
  Philipp

--
amooma GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied - http://www.amooma.de
     Let's use IT to solve problems and not to create new ones.

Geschäftsführer: Stefan Wintermeyer
Handelsregister: Neuwied B 14998