[asterisk-users] misdn and debian

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Apr 3 09:44:08 MST 2007

On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 08:30:57PM +0300, Giedrius Augys wrote:
> Hi,
>  I have FRITZ!Card PCI card. I have installed misdn-1.1.0 on stable debian
> 3.1 with 2.6.8. kernel. Then I reboot system, and it doesn't boot, it stops
> near "Apache2 starting...". I  started  my system with "recovery" kernel,
> and tun off misd, then my system works fine. I think it's problem with
> memory.

Have you tried memtest? apt-get install memtest86 , enable it in
/etc/grub/menu.lst and run 'update-grub' .

>  Has anybody  debian and misdn working fine? Maybe you can advices , what
> kernel and misdn versions to use...

Let's think: what comes shortly after "apache"? maybe "asterisk"?

to get a better idea:

  ls /etc/rc2.d

This ialso suggests that you use asterisk from your own build rather
than from the package. In the package asterisk starts after most other
services, in order for the service asterisk to start after the service
"zaptel".

Is asterisk running with the option '-p'? If so: disable it for the
purpose of testing. It makes an asterisk 100% CPU loop into a hanged
system.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org