[asterisk-users] Re: Replicating SIP Registrations Across Asterisk Servers

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 20:13:51 MST 2007

> > Does any one know if there's an mechanism (internal to asterisk or
> > otherwise) to replicate dynamic SIP device registrations across a pool
> > of asterisk servers?
> > I'm in the process of creating a asterisk cluster using a SIP hardware
> > load balancer and so far this is one of the challenges I'm facing.
> >
> > One thought I'm currently investigating is to use openSER to intercept
> > and replicate the incoming SIP REGISTER packets to all servers...
> > The other thought in the back of my mind is to completely removing the
> > task of handling registrations from asterisk and give it to SER directly
> > or other registrar server.
> >
> > any other ideas? solutions?
>
> Using SER or OpenSER should work for this task.
> I have not found any other options to accomplish this.

This may help, another option using Dundi and SIP Realtime.

http://www.astricon.net/files/usa06/Friday-General_Conference/JR_Richardson_Whitepaper.pdf

I've been using this setup for months, if a registration server fails,
I can still call the SIP phone by dipping the database for the full
contact info.

JR

--
JR Richardson