[asterisk-users] Re: Sponsored development - Monodirectional audio handling

Edoardo Serra edoardo.serra at webrainstorm.it
Mon Apr 2 09:50:35 MST 2007

Philipp Kempgen ha scritto:
> Edoardo Serra wrote:
>
>> The purpose of thisi implementation is to deal with some carriers that
>> give us the call as ANSWERED when the called party is still ringing.
>> Our billing software is billing the user (and the carrier is billing us)
>> even with unsuccessful calls.
>
> How about you try a different carrier or send your lawyer?

This could be a good idea but it happens with many carriers and many
destinations

It's a technology problem, if you terminate on an FXO (and many carriers
use FXO for certain countries) you cannot know when the call gets answered.

Every time we notice this kind of situation our carriers try to solve it
changing their termination.

Regards

Edoardo