On Topic: Cheapest Asterisk USB Key? (was: Re: [asterisk-users] Off Topic: Open Source USB Softphone)

Matthew Rubenstein email at mattruby.com
Sun Apr 1 06:08:17 MST 2007

	Here's a flipside of this subject: what is the absolute cheapest Linux
device that can be connected to a PC's USB port? That has just enough
power for a minimal Asterisk server running on it. The Asterisk just
maintains a CDR database on its Flash memory, which it periodically
submits over the PC's network connection with an HTTP hit on a remote
full-service Asterisk server? No call handling, DSP or anything really
number crunching, no telephony terminal or other services. The
lowest-performance device that plugs into the USB, with its own Linux
instance. In OEM quantity, under $50? Under $100?

--

(C) Matthew Rubenstein