[asterisk-users] Weird extension behavior

Mark Hennessy asterisk-users at evilbrain.com
Sun Apr 1 03:15:40 MST 2007

Hi, I'm using Asterisk with two Cisco 7960 phones using SIP.
I'm seeing the following weird behavior:
SIP Phome 1 is extension 4002
SIP Phone 2 is extension 4003

I call 4002 from 4003 and that works fine.
I call 4003 from 4002, and it rings locally to 4002, never gets to 4003.

I'm able to send a config query packet to 4003 from the asterisk
console and get a response, when I send one to 4002 there is no respone.

I know that both phones pull down their config via TFTP properly, I
look in the network settings and see that 4002 has been given an IP of
x.y.z.201 and 4003 has been given an IP of x.y.z.202 and the asterisk
box is running on x.y.z.74.

I combed through all of the config files in both Asterisk's config and
the TFTP-downloaded configs for the phones looking for any possible
instance of 4003 being transposed for 4002 or vice versa and was not
able to find any.

What additional information is necessary to provide to trace down and
resolve this issue?

AFAICT, the server is using Asterisk 1.2.x and beyond the 7960 phones,
no other specialized hardware is in use.

--
Mark P. Hennessy