[asterisk-users] CallerID + Name

Ola Lidholm olal at plea.se
Sun Apr 1 02:25:46 MST 2007

On 29 mar 2007, at 23.01, Rob Schall wrote:

> We have the caller id with name option enabled with our provider,
> however, our polycom 501 phones will only display the number of the
> incoming call. Is there a way to see the callerid name from the cli
> when
> the call is coming in (like a print in the dial plan)? I'm not sure if
> the problem is with asterisk or our phones. I did turn on the
> calleridpres option in zapata, but I'm unsure what else needs to be
> set.

We use Polycom Phones at my work, and there is nothing special you
need to do to make them display the name.

Anyway, you can use NoOp(${CALLERID}) to print the callerid in the
dial plan. You should se something like this if everything is
correct: "Joe Schmoo <123456789>".

/Ola Lidholm
olal at plea.se

"Whatever one man is capable of conceiving, other men are able to
achieve." - Jules Verne.