[asterisk-users] Dial-9 (was Extension Numbering)

Matthew Thompson matt.thompson at actuality.co.uk
Sat Sep 30 12:31:05 MST 2006

On 30 Sep 2006, at 19:35, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

> I know that this has been a problem for traditional PBXen for years,
> and the only solution I've ever been able to see is "use 8 as your
> outdial prefix"... but no one seems to ever do that, even 20 years on.

Never say no one. Our legacy PBX is set up like that as our DDI range
is 9000-9199, 9700-9799 (Thanks BT!) So we use 8 for an outside line.

Because of this I'm rolling out 8 for outside line to all our
satellite offices so there'll soon be 4 offices worldwide which I
know ill be dialling 8 for an outside line!

M at t :o)

--
Matthew Thompson
matt.thompson at actuality.co.uk