[asterisk-users] How do I reset a password?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sat Sep 30 06:02:50 MST 2006

On Sat, Sep 30, 2006 at 07:12:23AM -0400, Jim Lynch wrote:
> I've forgotten the user/pw for my freepbx adnim.  I'm using
> asterisk at home.  Is there a way to discover them or reset them.  I have
> root access to the system.  I did a google search but that didn't help.

This is not an asterisk issue, but a FreePBX issue.

Generally the password is stored as plain-text in the the table
ampusers.

Something of the sort of:

mysql asterisk -e 'select username,password from ampusers'

E.g.: On Rapid system it would have been:

  ast-cmd mysql asterisk -e 'select username,password from ampusers'

Tzafrir Cohen         sip:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
icq#16849755          iax:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406          jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com     http://www.xorcom.com