[asterisk-users] pstn failback

stan ford stanford510 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 29 14:57:51 MST 2006

Lacy,
  can you confirm what i was saying about SIP Phones. if i fail from my voip connection to my pri, would i need to swap out my SIP phones with another type of digital phone?

Lacy Moore - Aspendora <aspendora at gmail.com> wrote:

  a couple things, if you guys could clear up for me.

  A) If i have a bunch of sip ip phones, and if i were to fail to my PRI. I should still be able to use my ip phones right? i assume the signal will be changed by my T1 card? and the reverse i would assume is true for incoming calls.

  Outgoing could be handled by the dial plan.  Incoming would have to be something worked out with the providers.

  B) How about DID's, how would that be handled. is there a DID failover as well? I have my VOIP service with one company, if i had my PRI service with another. how would those DID's get failed to the other provider, if thats even possible at all in a timely manner.

  Not sure how this would be handled.

  C) also are failover pri's generally cheaper that their active counterparts?

  thanks alot.

http://mail.yahoo.com