[asterisk-users] pstn failback

Steve Glaus techsupport at peachnet.com
Fri Sep 29 12:59:37 MST 2006

> B) How about DID's, how would that be handled. is there a DID failover
> as well? I have my VOIP service with one company, if i had my PRI
> service with another. how would those DID's get failed to the other
> provider, if thats even possible at all in a timely manner.
I have yet to come up with any way that  failure of our DID provider
could be handled. We've had to do a fair bit of shopping around before
we found a voip provider that has been reliable (Voipstreet). They've
had very good service to this point (about 3 months now. I don't know
what we would do if they went out. A PRI is just far to expensive to
consider for only backup purposes.

DID's have been somewhat of a problem for us. There aren't that many
providers and those that exist are more expensive than I thought it
would be (or if they're cheap their service is so unreliable as to be
worthless). Maybe someone here can give me an idea of how they do their
DID's ? We've tried didx.org as well but most of the numbers we've
gotten from them have horrible audio problems.

Maybe someone knows of a super reliable provider with unlimited
incoming/ > 2 channels for about 10$ a month?

Termination is no problem. Lots of providers and the dialplan will
automatically failover if one provider doesn't work.