[asterisk-users] SER with multiple asterisk deployment

Justin Tunney jtunney at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 19:13:43 MST 2006

Crew,

I wrote an SER module called userdispatcher because dispatcher is a
static load balancer and therefore worthless.  Userdispatcher is
really simple at the moment and 300 redirects calls randomly to
registered nodes.  Therefore it is fault tolerant and balancing based
on current active load can be implemented on a higher level.

I have not yet used this code in an actual production environment YET
but it appears to work.  If anyone wants to help test it, feel free.

http://www.lobstertech.com/code/userdispatcher/

NOTE: This is not /officially/ released.  If you run a blog or
something, please don't post details of this yet, keep it in the
mailing list for now.  I will make a press release when I feel it
works.

- Justin Tunney