[asterisk-users] Re: Voip Buster - CID

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Sep 28 18:33:13 MST 2006

On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 11:31:29AM -0500, Eric ManxPower Wieling wrote:
> Naija Man wrote:
> >You can try VoipJet (http://www.voipjet.com)
> >
> >A simple configuration in you extensions.conf as below will solve your
> >problem.
> >
> >exten => _X.,1,SetCIDNum(13455551212)
> >exten => _X.,n,Dial(IAX2/9999 at voipjet/${EXTEN})
>
> "1" is not valid as the first digit in a NANPA phone number.  Only put
> the area code and phone number in the Caller*ID Information,

This seems like a good time to remind people of the difference between
a Directory Number, and what you dial to get to it.

The dialling pattern for NANP phone numbers usually includes the
leading 1 (though some carriers let you leave it off), but the
Directory Number doesn't include 1 -- as that is viewed as a
non-international address.

Now, if you treat as a full E.164 address, it *does* include the 1,
since that's the Country Code for the US.  But that's (usually) not
germane to dialplanning.  I think.

Cheers,
-- jra

	"That's women for you; you divorce them, and 10 years later,
	  they stop having sex with you."  -- Jennifer Crusie; _Fast_Women_