[asterisk-users] quadbri + tdm400p + modem-fax

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Thu Sep 28 16:35:43 MST 2006

Paco Brufal wrote:

>On sep/28/2006, Steve Underwood wrote:
>

>>Lots have tried it. it doesn't work.
>>

>	With Sangoma cards it will work?
>
>	Thanks.

That's a good question. It seems a number of prople do have problems
with the Sangoma cards + Asterisk + spandsp. I have 2 Sangoma cards here
to investigate why.

When I use the Sangoma cards with my FAX software directly (i.e. without
Asterisk) I can run them all day sending and receiving 100 page faxes
without an error. Similar tests with a Digium TDM400P in the same
computer do not give reliable results. However, a couple of years ago
when I first got that TDM400P, and was doing initial development of my
FAX software, similar tests worked OK. This leads me to suspect that
recent drivers have been broken.

I haven't got to the stage where I repeat my tests with Asterisk
present. However, tests so far seems to indicate that the Sangoma cards
themselves can work OK, at least with the computer I am using.

Steve