[Asterisk-Users] Help, please help -- IAX2 softphone to server on LAN

Wolfgang_Borgon wborgon at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 28 13:39:18 MST 2006

David,
Yes, I've also forwarded port 4569 to the server.
Since the router is forwarding to the server, I cannot
forward it to the client as well -- however, as the
client isn't going out past the LAN, it shouldn't
matter... unless there's something else going on that
I don't know about.
Thanks
Wolfgang

--- David J Carter <david.carter at codepipe.com> wrote:

> Wolfgang wrote:  -
>
> I've already sunk several hours into this without
> any
> real progress, so I'd really appreciate any help  My
> task is simple -- establish a connection between a
> softphone on XP ProSP2 to a Asterisk server on Linux
> FC4 over a LAN through a Netgear router. The server
> will then go out to a PSTN termination service.
>
> Thus far, the PSTN termination connection works fine
> -- I've opened up 4569 with iptables, and forwarded
> 4569 to the server IP.  I am not, however, having
> any
> luck connecting the softphone to the server.
>
> I can telnet, ftp, and http to the server, but not
> IAX2. Iaxping times out, registration by Idefisk and
> Firefly also times out.
>
> The server fails to see the client as well.
>
> Here's a portion of my iax.conf:
>
> [client]
> type=friend
> username=client
> secret=******
> host=192.168.1.40
> context=clientcon
>
> and extensions.conf:
>
> [clientcon]
> exten => 2278,1,Dial(IAX2/client)

> You say you have 4569 configured in iptables, what
> about the netgear router?
>
> Have you port forwarded 4569 there?
>
> Dave

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: